These are relatively recent radio broadcasts that feature Frank Ifield.
For shows from the 50s & 60s, look on the MEMORIES page.
2 Nov 2004: YODEL YOUR BLUES AWAY - Frank was featured in a very entertaining BBC Radio 4 special titled Yodel Your Blues Away, hosted by Sandy Toksvig. The show can still be heard at the website of the late Canadian yodeller Donn Reynolds, under the heading 'NOV04 UPDATE'.
- 13 June 2004: Frank appeared on the DAVE CASH SHOW for BBC RADIO KENT, with noted UK Writer and Broadcaster PAUL HAZELL. During a three hour broadcast Frank, Paul and Dave discuss and play Australian Country Music.
LISTEN in Windows Media to a replay of the show...PART ONE (1:06:11) - PART TWO (1:16:13) - PART THREE (00:34:23)
LISTEN in Real Audio to a replay of the show...PART ONE (1:06:11) - PART TWO (1:16:13) - PART THREE (00:34:23)
- BBC Radio Suffolk - 19th August 2002 - The Country Music programme with Brian Mann recently featured an hour of Australian music along with guests Paul Hazell and Frank Ifield. You can hear the show right here:
LISTEN in - Real Audio
The detailed playlist follows and if you'd like to support Australian Country Music, most of the recordings featured are available on-line from
The Country Music Store.
- KAREN LYNNE & MARTIN LOUIS - I Heard The Bluebirds Sing (Hod Pharis)- Track 9 - Control - 'Blue Mountain Rain'
(Shoestring SR 20)
- PETER SMITH - Just Saddle Old Darkie (Joy McKean) - Track 12 - Control - 'Old Boko & Me' (Opal CD OLLP 550)
- MELINDA SCHNEIDER - Love's Out To Get Me (Chapman-Brown) - Track 15 - Rondor - 'My Oxygen' (Festival D 24178)
- ARTHUR BLANCH - Real Cowboy (Heavener) - Track 8 - Achord Music - 'Gems & A Few Jewels' (Tamworth Music TCD 103)
- FRANK IFIELD - No Need To Cry Anymore (Ford) - Track 5 - Control - 'Frank Ifield Sings Country & Classics' - EMI Gold 7243 5 41734-2-4
- WAYNE LAW - The Cowboy Way - (Wayne Law) - Track 6 - Music Laundry / Polygram Music Publishing - 'Small Town Dreamer'
- KAREN O'SHEA - She Broke Your Heart - (Kim Williams, Marty Dodson, Rebecca Lyn Howard) Track 2 - Kim Williams Music -
'My Love Goes That Far' (Independent KOS 0001)
- FRANK IFIELD - Troubled Heart (Frank Ifield) - Track 11 - Southern Music - 'Frank Ifield Sings Country & Classics' - EMI Gold 7243 5 41734-2-4
- WAYNE HORSBURGH - Yellow Rose of Texas (PD arr Bob Howe) - Track 7 - Control - 'Land Of Enchantment'
(Rotation RR 2002 - LOE)
- KAREN LYNNE & MARTIN LOUIS - Send Me The Pillow (Hank Locklin) - Track 7 - Control - 'Blue Mountain Rain' (Shoestring SR 20)
- FRANK IFIELD - Maybe I'll Cry Over You (Elton Britt) - Track 26 - 'Frank Ifield Sings Country & Classics' - Southern Music - EMI Gold 7243 5 41734-2-4
- BARRY THORNTON - Walk A Country Mile (Joy McKean) - Track 15 - Castle 'Barry Thornton Plays Slim Dusty' (Selection PCD 705)
More recent BBC Radio interviews:
Frank discusses his latest CD and his 50 years in Showbiz!
Frank Ifield talks to John Nutting...ABC Australia:
On Saturday June 3rd, 2000, Frank Ifield spoke with John Nutting on the popular ABC Radio show 'Saturday Night Country'. Frank spoke about many things including his very first show in Australia, recording 'I Remember You' in England with Norrie Paramor, and his current forays into radio broadcasting. *
Listen in RealAudio (15 ½ minutes)
Special thanks to John Nutting and 'Saturday Night Country' for permission to replay the Frank Ifield interview.
Listen to 'Saturday Night Country' anywhere in the world via the ABC Radio Web site using Real Audio or Windows Media Player. Listen every Saturday night from 10pm Australian Eastern Time, for four hours of the best in Australian Country Music!
* During the interview John played several tracks from the 2-CD set Frank Ifield Remembers The Great Favourites, including Half As Much, Yellow Roses, Crazy, I Remember You, San Antonio Rose, and Tumbling Tumbleweeds.
BACK TO TOP OF PAGE
© 2002-2004 FrankIfield.com Webmaster=ShowNet